Tuesday, June 6, 2017

THE Plan...Cue the Tears

We knew today was going to be another yucky one so we prepared for doing a lot of this.


Apollo is excellent at singing "Rain, Rain Go Away" and belted it out throughout the whole day.

Checking my email constantly paid off when we finally received one mid morning from our PA. I wish my eyes were playing a joke on me but she stated that the plan is for Apollo to be admitted on Sunday, have a heart cath on Monday, and surgery on Tuesday. Since today is Tuesday, this means we have practically another week to waste, I mean, to have fun and explore. We are loving everything about Boston (except the current weather) but I miss my babies and Mike. Had we known this last week, we may have gone home but then again, maybe not. No need for the "what ifs" or the tears which may have flowed freely after reading the email. I sure scared my wee one! I threw a mini pity party and then looked over at this sweet and completely-dependent-on-me face.


That's all I needed to jump start our day and make it another memorable one. And that's what we did! First up, a lunch date at comforting Bread Co for some yummy soup and mac-n-cheese. Another "first" - cheers! 


The staff at the patient house gave us tickets to the movie theatre and I decided this crumby day would be a perfect chance for Apollo to see his first movie. I was quite careful in picking it too. Captain Underpants - perfect if I do say so myself!



Then another trip around the corner to Target for more essentials - bubble bath, bath toys, a pillow for Mama, a hoodie for Apollo, and some groceries. A yummy dinner at the house with other patient families followed and then off for our nightly bath and shower. It's a good thing the house has so many bathrooms since we monopolize one for at least an hour every night. Mr. Man loooooves his baths!



As disappointed as I am to be delayed a whole week, I'm so very thankful that Apollo is on the schedule. His labored breathing and nightly convulsions/shivers after his baths are constant reminders that he desperately needs this life-saving surgery. What type of surgery will be revealed on Monday and we're counting down the days! In the mean time, we're off to more adventures!

1 comment:

  1. Thankful for answers and for having a plan. Praying!

    ReplyDelete