Saturday, June 3, 2017

Here Fishy Fishy

We really enjoyed ourselves and had such a great day since we had the whole day to have fun and not worry about hearing back from our cardio team. Apollo is changing his hours a bit to staying up late at night and sleeping in come the morning. I had to make a racket in our room to get Mr. Sleepy Pants going this morning to meet our friends for an aquarium outing. He was not thrilled in the least bit and kept saying "boo fish" and "boo good morning". You just can't help giggling at him! After a long breakfast date in the shared family kitchen, we trekked over to the New England Aquarium. I had heard many great reviews by other parents with children at BCH so my expectations were high and it did not disappoint!








The main attraction was an enormous tank shaped like a cylinder with hundreds of fish, sharks, turtles, and who knows what else inside. A ramp took you up 4 levels and each level was also filled with individual exhibits with different underwater habitats. Just as we thought the next one would have some ordinary fish, our jaws dropped at the beauty of God's creations. We couldn't believe these creatures were actually real! I should've taken more pictures but I was busy making sure a little busy body wasn't doing anything he wasn't supposed to...like throwing a squishy toy frog into the penguin exhibit from the 3rd floor ramp. True story! About 50 sets of eyes were on us accompanied by multiple gasps. I shouted down an apology as I began to sweat and a kind employee who was in the exhibit with the penguins grabbed it quickly and smiled at us to my huge relief. Sadly, I'm sure that frog is seeing the bottom of a garbage can now (sorry Mom, it was a great gift that he loved). 






We stayed for several hours until both little ones were done and headed back for some lunch. A glorious, long nap followed and then some play time in the playroom while it sprinkled outside. Apollo kept asking to feed the birds so we went out on a mission to find them. No birds but we found a playground tucked away and played with another little boy and his parents. They wanted to know our story and were moved to tears by our miracle boy. It turns out they're both physicians and had great suggestions for more playgrounds, restaurants, and attractions for kids. The mom even offered her phone number if we need anything! There are such wonderful people in this world and I'm so grateful for connecting with two of them today.





From their recommendation, we headed to a little shopping area and picked up dinner from Trader Joe's. Google Maps says there's a Gap in that area as well so we may venture back for some retail therapy. There may be some scattered showers tomorrow so hopefully we can reach the Boston Harbor after church. I wish Apollo's first mass was at home but this mama needs it so I'm hoping he can give me the gift of peace tomorrow morning! I won't hold my breath!!

No comments:

Post a Comment