Friday, June 2, 2017

Everyone Limbo...Or Maybe Just Us!

You may have guessed it - we're still in Boston and have no clue what's going on. I so wish I was kidding! I really thought we would hear today but the sun rose and set with no definitive news. If Apollo and I weren't having such a grand old time, we would both be sobbing right now. Thankfully, he is doing really well and we're definitely growing closer and building our bond together even though he keeps asking to go home. I wake up and fall asleep to "Wo ai ni, mama, I love you" and I melt. Then he tells the geese we've been feeding for 10 minutes that he loves them too. Welp, I'll still take it!!


We have quite the little bird man in the family as he fed more geese than we could count today. On our way to a park playdate, we found 3 families of geese. Luckily, I packed rolls from dinner last night so the geese had a breakfast feast. Apollo was crazy excited and even pet one of the babies - omg. I can't believe the hissing mama goose didn't go in for the attack. I couldn't stop him in enough time and his face exhuded pure elation. So honey, please look into if geese make good family pets. You would win major Daddy points with your oldest son!




After playing at the park, I called patient housing and was told they had a room available for 2 nights. Hallelujah, we'll take it! We scurried back to our hotel, packed up and Ubered it to our new digs for the weekend. We're so thankful to be back at one of the family homes (similar to Ronald McDonald houses) like we were last year with Magnus. Apollo loves the play room and I'm thrilled to have some adult interaction, especially with another sweet China mama. After a failed nap (I wanted one so badly!), we headed out to check out Fenway Park and stroll the aisles of Target. It had been too long (aka a couple days) since I'd been in one of my fav stores so I happily made the long walk on a bum foot. We took the scenic route and Mr. Stinkerpants zonked out a couple of blocks away from the ballpark. My sweet boy!


We're loving that the 4th of July is close since its extra meaningful for one of the newest American citizens and his family.


After we literally loaded the stroller down with groceries (ya know, the essentials like Mickey Mouse waffles, watermelon, Danimals yogurts, chips and salsa, clausen pickles, Pepsi, bread for more birds, and much more), we headed back and ran into more geese. I'm sure Apollo was thinking, "jackpot!". We happily stopped in the middle of a very busy sidewalk, shared our bread with a little girl, and told these geese we loved them too. He was quite generous and only gave himself a bite for every 5 to the geese. He was so very happy and is already planning on finding more tomorrow. Good thing we bought a lot of bread!




We have absolutely no idea if and when Apollo can get scheduled this week. We're guessing that they're really trying to make it work since it wasn't a quick "no". In the mean time, as we play the limbo game, we're going to enjoy our time here as we say lots of prayers for God to move a couple of mountains. Up next tomorrow - fish! We're headed to a fabulous aquarium with our friends. A little warrior fell asleep talking about the fish he's going to see. He's gonna LOVE it!

2 comments:

  1. You need ducks;) We hatched 7 this year. So Fun (and way better than dirty geese)! Praying you get answers soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Valerie, I was thinking how much your famuly enjoy your ducks. I think that would be great for them. Hope you hear more soon, Dana!!

    ReplyDelete