Thursday, June 15, 2017

Post Op Day #2

7am
Someone wanted to say good morning!!


I'd like to write more but I only have one hand available because I'm holding my sleeping boy for the 1st time!!



11am
I'm so thankful that Apollo was smiley earlier because he had a really rough morning. He was very uncomfortable and just wanted to be held. I gladly took care of that but after awhile, he wanted to walk. Oh no my little friend, not yet! He still has quite a few lines and is in a lot of pain. His nurse was hoping to wean him off the IVs so we can move out of the CICU tomorrow (yes please!). But he was in so much pain that she gave him more for quick relief. Everything looks great and his oxygen saturation is stable in the 70s to low 80s but that's with 2 liters of oxygen. I'm praying he can maintain his sats in the 70s when he comes off the oxygen. My Boston buddy is fighting hard and I'm beaming with pride! For now, "let him sleep for when he wakes, he will move mountains".


4:30pm
Apollo had another couple of rough hours but has been good to go after some morphine. Yay for pain control! They're trying to get ahead of his pain but it's a dance back and forth because of the medications he's on. He's had so much excitement in the last few hours - an very animated artist who drew him an elephant, a music therapist who sang silly songs, and a ride down the cardiac avenue! So much fun!! He's back to his silly and stinker ways! Today is Grammy's birthday so he sweetly wished her a happy birthday and asked to see his sisters and brother. Then he threw his cracker container everywhere...as Mike said, "there he is!". :)








6 comments:

  1. This makes me so incredibly happy ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos have me in happy tears! Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh!!!!! That sweet boy! Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! It is so good to see you together and to see him smile! Thank you, God for this amazing boy! His smile is so cute! Cora says, "Hi, and good morning, Apollo"!

    ReplyDelete