Monday, June 19, 2017

Post Op Day #6

1:30pm
We've had a fun and relatively pain free morning - hip hip hooray! The plan was supposed to be to have his chest tubes and pacing wires pulled this morning but that didn't happen and we're not so sure it will happen today at all. He's still putting out too much fluid. His feisty and ornery little personality is coming out so he is showing us how much better he feels. Once those last tubes leave him, I'm sure he'll feel like a million bucks!



His "strong" pose

We played in the playroom for a long time where Dr. Marx found us and couldn't believe how different he looks. He remarked that he isn't the same boy he met a couple weeks ago and I agree. I was able to snap an awesome shot of them together!




While in the playroom, we waved to some Patriots players since Apollo didn't want the big, scary guys to get too close. And since my lil buddy won't let me out of sight, I was allowed to take him off the floor with me for the first time and do some overdue laundry. He was thrilled to see something other than his room and we sat in front of the jumbotron in awe. He had another blood draw (they don't get any easier), we switched our load, and are now all nestled back in bed for lunch and a nap. We're praying these chest tubes come out this afternoon!!


4:45pm
Chest tubes won't be removed today. :(

3 comments:

  1. Sweet boy... I love hearing that he's feeling better. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing that he is getting stronger everyday! Sending love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry they didn't get removed but that pic of him and Dr Marx is THE BEST!!!

    ReplyDelete