Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Post Op Day #8

2:30pm
3 weeks. Today marks three weeks in Boston. 3 long but beautiful weeks of attachment, love, and renewed strength for our boy. We're waiting to see Dr. Marx today to hear about yesterday's Echo results. We know he didn't get enough images since the sonographer came back to do more today. I'm praying it's not an indication of anything wrong. If it all looks good, our last hurdle is a clear chest xray tomorrow morning. We've made ourselves at home here so I want to start packing up a bit but really don't want to jinx it!



We also had another long playroom visit and got to meet a little Chinese heart warrior, Titus, and his sweet mama. I would've chatted the whole morning but we were called away to meet a beloved China family (part of the whole family!). They were here shortly for a follow-up visit. I just adore the mama and her husband, a pediatrician, wrote an expedite letter to hurry Apollo home. They're very special to us. We gabbed and gabbed but it wasn't enough. We could've sat there all afternoon with our heart warrior boys playing, and a big brother too. I'll say it again, I LOVE my China heart community! We're off to go have a music party in one of the playrooms now!

7:30pm
Dr. Marx just stopped by to say he's ready to give his blessing to go home tomorrow as long as the chest xray looks good! Please pray so I can squeeze 6 other Duff necks and a Grammy who has taken such good care of them for so long! Apollo didn't love the music session (though I did!) but he had a little 1:1 jam session at the end.


We're ALL praying tonight is our last night in Boston for months and months. We love this city but we love Troy even more!!

4 comments:

  1. I bet your family cant wait to have you home! Hope you get the all clear soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best news ever! Praying for a clear X-ray!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for your next update! Prayers for a hasty discharge today (Thursday)!!

    ReplyDelete