Monday, June 5, 2017

Still in the Dark

Despite an early morning email from our physician assistant saying she was working on a plan with the surgery department and cath lab, we still don't know if they are able to schedule Apollo's surgery for this week. We're obviously disappointed but Mike was able to keep it in perspective and focus on the priceless one-on-one time I'm having with my lil man right now. He surprised Mike this morning with a full sentence! It sounded like Mike's jaw dropped to the ground. I am constantly teaching Apollo from colors to names of objects, counting, songs, animals, etc. He wants to learn and asks the name of something by saying "eh?". It's pretty darn cute!


I wanted to stay close to the medical campus today in case they wanted us to come over but I realized it wasn't happening by lunchtime. After a lazy, pajama morning in the playroom, we got going for the day and met our friends at the Boston Children's Museum. Our little friend, Rosie, will have surgery tomorrow morning on her palate. She's already rocked a heart surgery in the 6 short months she's been home. Please pray for a smooth surgery and uneventful recovery. Her mama is so wonderful and also here all by herself. Today was probably our last day together so I'm sad both Apollo and I will miss our Boston buddies. Rosie has been super helpful in getting Apollo to do some things even though she wasn't even around. I'd say, "Apollo, if you want to see Rosie, you need to get dressed" or "Apollo, Rosie is sleeping right now, you need to go night-night too". Because of his adoration for "his" gal, he happily obliges. He's really going to miss his friend but we'll always have Boston!


The children's museum was so fun and everyone really enjoyed themselves. The biggest hits were the water tables, trains, an animatronic dinosaur, the construction area, and the ball room. After tons of fun, we hightailed it back to our new digs since the weather was horrible (like 50 degrees and rainy horrible!). But you can chalk up another wonderful day for this Duff duo!









A load of laundry, dinner, and calling back home finished out our night. Boy, do I miss these precious faces!



Finally, please pray for Apollo's heart as he doesn't understand what's going on and keeps asking for his crew back home. It's impossible to tell him what's about to happen and even if he could understand, I don't think I could bring myself to do it. He has started rubbing his head as I sing him to sleep and it's breaking me to see it again. We need to get scheduled, he needs intervention, and I need to bring him home to our people! Please join us as we pray for answers and some sort of plan for our warrior (who's purple fingers and lips scare me every day).

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you and Apollo and for you to try to have some patience and calmness while waiting for all these answers. You are one amazing mom and not only is Apollo a warrior but you are too, my friend!

    ReplyDelete