Friday, January 15, 2016

Our "Hero's" City



This is Mike. I'm writing this on Friday as we are on the bullet train from Nanchang to Guangzhou. We are leaving Nanchang with so much more than we had when we arrived; physically, emotionally, and spiritually.  One phrase we love from the bible is (paraphrased) "I know the plans I have for you to give you a hope and a future".  I hope that all that our little man has endured so far in his life has been a part of a grander plan. 

Our family experienced so many adventures and learned so much about Magnus's home city and his life up until this point. It is beyond words to watch as our little warrior (that is what Magnus means for those that we haven't told already), takes on the world and experiences so many "firsts". In his first 5 days we have already seen immense changes in his demeanor and comfort within our family. He thinks Anya, Eliza and Juliette are hilarious. He does look very deep into my eyes, but he is still not quite sure what role I am supposed to play. All his caretakers at the orphanage have been women, so I just need to be patient. He is madly in love with his Mama as if he has known her from his first breath. Last night he was dancing to music from the TV. He is talking up a storm. The main thing he is saying sounds like Boo-ya, Boo-ya. Bu Yao means no thank you so that is likely a phrase he is saying. On the van ride to the train station we think he said "Mama"to Dana.

I am going to post some random pictures of Nanchang that I snapped through the window of the van or from a building. Nanchang is known as Hero City. How fitting!
Yes, that is sausage and underwear! 


No comments:

Post a Comment