Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Get Ready, Here We Go!

Today is the day! The second biggest day I have been dreaming about for the past year. I'm sure you can guess what is reserved for #1...the day we get to touch, hug and kiss the most beautiful boy I have ever laid eyes on! Despite so many built up emotions and rumbly tummies, there is a calming peace that we are on the path we are supposed to be on. That this road has always been paved, just waiting for us to follow it to our destiny.

Mike and I were all settled in at a decent hour last night (thanks to an entire week of packing!). We both hopped out of bed at the sound of our 4 AM alarm to find Anya walking into our room with the biggest smile on her face.  She said that she woke up multiple times in the night waiting to get this party started! It was as if she had been waiting her whole life for this day to come. Me too, my sweetheart, me too.

We roused two sleepy twins and we were on our way to Lambert Airport. Juliette proudly told an airport employee that she was going to get her baby brother in China. The sweet woman gave her the reaction she was hoping for - pure elation! Our first flight to O'Hare was "Easy Peasy like George and Wheezy". Eliza was slightly on edge and asked if we were going to go upside down like a roller coaster. Ha, I wish! As quickly as we ascended, we started our descent to my sweet home Chicago! 

We are now sitting in a booth in the food court after devouring some Mickey D's and Dunkin' Donuts. Mike perked up even more after his much-needed morning coffee. We have a nearly 7 hour layover (who booked that? oh yeah, me!). We plan on people watching, playing I Spy, the Alphabet Game and any other ingenious airport games a Google search returns. Truthfully, there's been a fair amount of whining already but we will keep in mind they are going on little sleep. I won't name any names...ahem, the culprits do not have red hair! Next, the Duffs do China!

All our love, 

The Duff Family of Five




3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update! Been thinking of all of you today. Keep the updates coming ;)

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your in-flight to China right now, and I hope it's going well! I just had to let you know that Jami woke up at 4:30am, because she knew Anya was leaving for the airport then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So beyond sweet! Sadly, our flight was cancelled after many delays. We will try again today and probably have time to post. :)

      Delete