Sunday, January 10, 2016

Lord, Thy Will Be Done

I know Mike just posted a quick update to let you know how GREAT we are all doing. I won't go into details because it is late and I like to take my time with my journal each day. As I listen to my four children sleeping (Magnus louder than any other! :) ), the words my father spoke to me every single time I talked to him keep popping into my mind, 'Thy Will Be Done'. Not our will, the Lord's will. Now I am certain, this was always His will for us and for Magnus. If not, today could not have been any better nor sweeter. This is not a whole letter to my Magnus but just a snippet I wrote today before I became his mama....

I have so much to show you and so much to teach you. But first and foremost, I will teach you love. Because above all, that is my most important job in this world. To teach you that you are so very loved and adored. That no matter what, I will be your protector and not allow any more unnecessary pain to descend on you. You have already had more than most people do in their lives and yours has been but two years. My son (oh how good that feels to say!), I will move mountains for you. None will be too great. We have a difficult and winding road ahead but with your hand in mine, we will travel it together. Because in a couple of hours, you will be alone no more. Never again. I promise to love you. Protect you. Hug you. Kiss you. Make you laugh. Dry your tears. Teach you. Encourage you. Make you feel special. Be proud of you, so proud. Never let you forget from where you came nor your culture and heritage. I promise to give you wings so that you may fly. And I will love you, Magnus Michael Keqin Duff, until my dying day.

Love,

Mama

2 comments:

  1. You have me in tears again! Jami showed me her Skype messages from Anya. My very favorite one is where Anya says, "he looooooves my mom like a lot!" It must be true love! Love and prayers to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reading your posts from the bottom up (chronological order). How moving to be part of this "story line" as I join your anticipation. What a gift, what a blessing, that you are sharing your experiences. Dana and Mike, your words are poetry, spirituality. You speak and LIVE the language of connection, affirmation of life -- that is, LOVE.

    ReplyDelete