Monday, January 15, 2018

Post Op Day 9

Mr. Sleepy Head woke up late again this morning at 9:30am! He has so much catching up to do from a week of interrupted night after night. We packed, I mean, I packed up our room :), to make the move to the other patient house. We found our little friend and his parents in the kitchen and had breakfast together. The party then shifted to the playroom where the boys happily parallel played with mini Thomas trains and we chatted away. 



After parting ways, we made the move to the Yawkey Inn and grabbed a long lunch together. We planned on a matinee movie date but I could see a nap was very much needed so we stayed back and little A zonked out for almost 3 hours. And I can’t help myself but take pics of my sweet guy sleeping!




Once he woke up, we Uber’d it to Target to get some lil gifts for our friend since tomorrow is his big day. We went specifically for a shirt we bought Apollo yesterday which he’ll wear tomorrow. It’s a vibrant tiger with “Be Brave” on it. They didn’t have any more (and I was mad at myself for not thinking to get it yesterday) but we found a cool Superman shirt.




A couple blocks of walking landed us at the movie theatre right in time, We intended to see Coco after Apollo saw the trailer at lunchtime but he changed his tune and chose Paddington 2 at the ticket counter. The first one was cute so I didn’t mind a bit. We searched everywhere for a poster or a big display but there was none to be found. I couldn’t believe it, especially since it only had one remaining ticket available! It was a great movie which we both really enjoyed.





A quick ride back to the house, some playroom time, and snuggles in bed finished out the day. Oh yeah, remember those inanimate object families...here’s another Apollo was quite proud of - they were going to Disney World. :)




And most importantly, I heard back from Dr. Marx’s PA that they were able to squeeze us in to his clinic tomorrow! Pending a clear chest xray and Dr. Marx’s blessing, we’ll be headed home tomorrow or Wednesday!! To say we’re ready is a huge understatement! Bring on all the Duffs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment