Sunday, January 14, 2018

Post Op Day 8

My little buddy fell asleep while talking to me last night and didn’t wake up until 9:30am this morning. That has never, ever happened before! His little body has been through the biggest of battles and has so much healing to do. 

Daddy would’ve been so upset to wake up to this! It’s his first time doing it with this blanket.

We took it easy all morning long and headed out to an afternoon mass at Our Lady of Perpetual Help. I knew that’s exactly where we needed to be and it would be meaningful that it was our first place to visit outside of the hospital. I was emotional (as usual) as we celebrated Apollo’s healing and the strength and comfort God bestowed upon him. This is always the church we come to as I beg God to protect my sons and spare their little lives. I’m thankful I had the chance to visit, worship and praise Him with a grateful heart. We had a sweet interaction with one of the priests who wanted to pray for Apollo. He told us he was once a “blue baby” and his heart stopped as a child. He was proud that he is now an old man and said the same will be for our boy. Yep you guessed it, tears!




I didn’t want to push my warrior but we desperately needed to buy groceries since we didn’t plan on being here after discharge. We quickly took an Uber to Target, stocked up and headed back to our “home base” which is what some friends have lovingly named our patient house. It really is our home in Boston. We spent the evening with this wonderful family which was filled with great conversation and play between two little heart warriors from China. 

Ice cream time with friends (I edited Apollo’s little friend out for privacy but just know that he is adorable!).


We hope to find out tomorrow if we have a Tuesday or Thursday clinic appointment. And we will be moving to the other patient house in case we need to stay through the end of the week since they have availiabilty. It’s an inconvenience to move again but I’m so grateful for the opportunity and the house is quite a bit nicer too!

1 comment:

  1. I love reading these updates. What a special
    Day. And you will love it at Yawkey. It is so peaceful and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete