Friday, May 19, 2017

Arrived in Hong Kong

Not much to report on this day. We pretty much just woke up in Guangzhou, had breakfast, finished packing, and the took a van down to Hong Kong. It was a 3 hour drive which actually went pretty well. Dana and I rated it a 7 or an 8. I bought some 19 RMB (less than $3) transformers at Walmart and that helped keep them busy. Apollo actually slept for about an hour.

 
Magnus fell asleep for the last 15 minutes and then woke up in beast mode!  

We are staying at the hotel that is closest to the airport. After checking in, I asked the front desk how often a shuttle runs to the airport. She looked at me like I was speaking a foreign language (pun intended). She said no shuttle, you walk. I was a bit caught off guard by the comment as I thought about the number of suitcases and children that we had. I said we can't walk with all of our things. She said, airport is through that door. When I went over and looked, sure enough, there was the terminal right next to the lobby of the hotel. I'm sure she thought I was an idiot. 

We walked over to the United terminal to try to sort out some confusion with our seats for the flight home. The app on my phone says that Apollo is sitting in the same row as us, but about 4 people in between us. I'm sure they wouldn't mind passing toys back and forth. Dana called and spoke with someone before we left home and they said it had been fixed. We weren't so sure because when we called a few days ago, the lady told Dana "I will put you all in row 13." Which made us think that it wasn't set up previously. The app on my phone never changed to row 13. So we just marched over to the terminal and spoke with one of the ticketing agents that got us all set up to sit together (ish). The plane is in a 3-3-3 format so we have an aisle between the seats. We will just have to make it work.

Please keep little Apollo in your prayers tomorrow as his little heart and lungs are put to a new test with the altitude and pressurized cabin. We have been lugging 9 massive lithium ion batteries through China in preparation for him needing oxygen throughout the entire 15 hour flight.  See you soon!

 

2 comments:

  1. Prayers to you on your safe travels back home!! I can't wait to see you all tomorrow at the airport. Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for safe travels and a quick and easy flight!!

    ReplyDelete