Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Ready Or Not

Boston, we have arrived! Make way everyone, we're here to fix a little, broken heart!


We started the day out early as we stumbled out of bed at 5am for a 8:15am flight. Anya has the most impressive and accurate internal alarm clock so she was there to see us off with Mike.


I was able to keep my tears at bay through our goodbyes but choked up as I yelled "I love you" one last time while pulling out of the driveway. I have a lot of tears that I've been holding back but I feel they will be streaming soon.

We picked up Grammy on the way to the airport so she could drop us off and take the car to work. There's nothing like getting a last hug from your mom!


The security line was super duper long so we only made it to our gate with 10 minutes to spare. Like I need any more unnecessary stress on this trip! We had just enough time to get the classic "look out the window at the plane" pic.


I wasn't too concerned for our flight since Magnus had just rocked a 14 hour flight home from China. He did great until the last 15 minutes. He was D-O-N-E and let it be known to everyone! The man next to him had slept the whole flight so Mags must have figured it was time to get him up!





We hustled off the plane, picked up our two large suitcases (totally struggled with those, two carry ons and a stroller even with a cart). Hey, I had to pack very light for China. This time, I decided to pack everything we may possibly need and the kitchen sink to be sure! :) I used Uber for the first time which was fascinating and successful. Score one for Mommy!  After a quick 15 minute ride, we found the patient house that will be our home for awhile. We settled in and decided to go on a walking adventure. It was drizzling but we managed not to melt! The hospital is several blocks away so we were able to see exactly where we need to go tomorrow since our first appointment is at 7:30am. On our way back, we stopped to eat at a food court and chose the Chinese restaurant, of course! The women working there went nuts over Magnus and spoke a million miles a minute to him. He smiled, flirted (shocker!) and answered back once. They called him lucky and I nicely corrected them that I am the lucky one.


We returned to our home away from home, took a nap and played in the play room for a bit. To our delight, we met two other China heart families. We chatted and then headed for a hot shower. We were ready for snuggle time but not before Mags got down to some more Pippi Longstocking (just like in China!). I have a video but it's not posting so I'll try again later.


As I lay here in Boston, half of my heart is in Troy with our girls and Mike. They're doing great without me though, playing ball and making this mama proud!



Tomorrow is a big day and we're ready! Let's do this!!

All our love,

Dana and Her Little Warrior

2 comments:

  1. You guys have been on my mind over the last couple weeks while you were preparing for this this big trip. Prayers go out to you and Magnus (and the whole family) while you guys are out in Boston. Please let me know if I can do anything to help out back here while you and Mike are both gone. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chelle, love you too! I keep thinking about how much Magnus is going to dance at your wedding. We cannot wait!!

    ReplyDelete