Monday, May 16, 2016

Monday - Post Op Day 7

- 11am - Mark down another early morning for this Duff duo - 5am! Since our roomie was fast asleep, we played in front of the interactive jumbotron in the lobby to pass the time.  We then had a whirlwind of tests -  chest xray, blood work and an ECHO. Of course we made our way to the play room and I finally remembered my phone for pics. Can't get this lil guy to pose, he's on the move! Our friend, Ethan, was extubated this morning and will be in his parent's arms soon enough! And we may have some big news of our own to come...!!




This is a very special flashlight...the batteries inside were the batteries keeping Magnus's heart beating with the pacemaker. I will never throw them away!

- 7:30pm -

- 9:30pm - Did you guys know we have a real life super hero as a son?! The above picture was a hint to our big news. Does it look like a hospital background to you? Nope!! It was taken in our hotel room because we busted out of the big house! Magnus was discharged today in record time. That is 7 days post op for an extremely big open heart surgery! I don't know if I can begin to describe the magnitude of this feat! This sweet, little 2 year old just had the fight of his life and won the bout with CHD in 7 rounds/7 days! He knocked it out and is doing a victory dance with his Super Magnus shirt and his squeaky shoes! There had been talk of discharge all yesterday but I didn't think it would really happen. Surely not today! But all the tests he had completed this morning, those were all discharge tests! We Skyped the girls from our hotel room to spread the good news. Mags said "home" to them. I wish I had a screen shot of their faces. I hope to never forget them in that moment! :) So Magsy and I will be on a flight tomorrow morning at 7:10am. I'm exhausted just thinking about it but way more excited! I am beyond ready to hug and kiss my girls a million times over. And to see them reunited with their little prince who needs to return to his castle. THANK YOU for all of your thoughts, prayers, texts, FB messages, emails, calls, meals and love. We were overwhelmed by your support and know that this was nothing short of a miracle. Our Little Warrior fought such a tough fight and will now get to dance his way through life. I've learned so much from him for he has taught me more in four months than I've learned in years past. I can't wait for tomorrow for so many reasons but the reason at the top of my list...it's Day 1 of the rest of our lives with 6 fully functioning Duff hearts!









Thank you Ali!!

5 comments:

  1. I have a couple amazing pics for you! I think I messaged you on Facebook so check your 'other' folder if you don't see it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One word - priceless! Thank you, FRIEND!!

      Delete
  2. Wow! What 1 week can do!! Way to go Magnus and family. Safe travels and God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so amazing!!! I'm so happy for you guys!!! Love the pictures!!! Adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such amazing news.. so glad you get to head home to the rest of your family. Safe travels to you both!

    ReplyDelete